Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting into the swing of things

Nick and I are going to have to make a conscious effort to write in this blog. I don't think that keeping a log of our lives comes naturally to either of us. Hopefully once he's settled into life in Kabul we will fall into a routine.

The only word I can use to describe this experience is "chaotic." The house is chaotic. Packing out is chaotic. The HR process is chaotic. I'm sure life and work in Kabul will be chaotic. We're doing the best we can, trying to anticipate our needs for the next 6 months or so and figure out what we will bring with us to furnish an apartment sight unseen. We're working with very little hard information, and are just keeping our fingers crossed that we're packing up the right stuff. Neither of us has any idea what exactly we'll be doing out there. I imagine my job will be more of the same: meeting logistics, mission binders, basic research. As for Nick......I think he's in for a wild ride.

I know it will end up being a great adventure, but right now it's rather like jumping off a cliff blindfolded. I think we're both just holding our breath and trying to maintain our sanity until we hit the bottom. Then we can start climbing back out.

*PS: today I turn not-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment