Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tell me a love story

It was suggested that I avoid work topics in my blog for fear of retribution. I am not that scared because I am already in one of the most dangerous places on the earth for an American. With that said I am dedicating this blog to a lighter side of my life, and yes my wife is smaller than I. This entire blog will be for Elizabeth, who is still in DC waiting to hear from the U.S. Government, which is moving at the speed of bureaucracy.

You may ask yourself “why is Nick writing this blog,” and “I hope it is funny.” To answer your first question, I am writing this because my wife is more than just a phone call over Skype; she is my bacon, my sausage, and all the stuff that makes me feel good about being alive. On the second point…yes, this blog will interject dry and witty humor because it will be full of lame movie quotes about love. Guys, you know the movies I'm talking about; they are the ones you don’t want to see but go see anyways because you are guaranteed some nooky or at least a good laugh because you wonder why anyone would cry at such crap. Anyways, here are the quotes and my wisdom (if you can call it that).

“A life without love is no life at all.” I would generally agree with this statement. Before I met Elizabeth I had a vague idea of what love was and how integral it was to life. Without you, Elizabeth, I would never had the opportunity to fully enjoy being alive.

“If you're not willing to sound stupid, you're not worthy of falling in love.” I am this quote; I live this quote, for the one simple fact that I can’t keep my farfignugen mouth shut. Elizabeth, if it weren't for you I would not be as funny or as witty as I am today. I wouldn't be as articulate and well-spoken if it wasn’t for you.

“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” Short and simple just how we like it. I do not need anything in my life expect to love my wife and to have her love me back. Everything else that I have is just icing on the cake.

“And I love you. Because I've learned that Platonic love can exist between two grown men.” You know who you are. *wink*

“The sensation you are feeling is the quickening.” This is the strange feeling I get when I see Elizabeth, because every time I look at her it is as if I am looking at her for the first time in my life. By the way, the quote is for the Highlander fans; it is like one of the best movies of all time…it won like six Academy Awards.

“Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” Well, I am not dead, but I am 6000 miles way. This distance will never stop the love I have for Elizabeth.

“Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now.” Enough said. Elizabeth I hope you like the quote because I put it in just for you.

Elizabeth, I will love you my whole life. You and no other.

To end this cheese fest I leave with one last quote. It sums up who Elizabeth and I are and how we seem to get along even though we have such different views and beliefs.

“It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - Nick! I had a suspicion you had so much sweetness in you! Even though you're so far away, Liz is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete