Thursday, August 27, 2009

10 hours to go, and counting

The kitchen counters are clean and shiny. The bathtub drain and bathroom floor are hair-free. I moved my stuff off of his dresser, and put away all of the toiletries that had migrated to his side of the bathroom counter. My laundry is put away. My “to do” piles have been removed from the kitchen counter. I wanted to wash the bathmats and sheets, but a broken dryer means those chores will have to wait (hopefully just until Friday evening). My car is clean, and my hair is freshly cut (holy cow it grew out quickly).

The fridge and pantry are stocked with everything I think Nick might want: fizzy water, good cheeses, lamb kielbasa, good milk, and olives. The fridge is nearly exploding with fresh produce from the farmers’ market: spinach, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, snap peas, onions, eggplants, corn, green beans, nectarines, blueberries. Nick said he’s been missing fresh produce; I will restock at the Dupont market on Sunday if need be. Tomorrow I will pick up some fresh bread.

The plane and train tickets for Chicago/Lansing/NYC/DC are purchased. I've made hotel reservations in New York, and bought our tickets for “The 39 Steps” and “Hair”. I spread the word about the DC shindig. I've booked appointments with the Sears repair man (for the dryer) and the contractors (getting estimates on replacing our windows). I scheduled our couple’s massage (wedding gift), our dinner at Minibar, and a flying trapeze lesson. The “honey-do” list is getting long, and is posted on the fridge.

I can't think of anything else to do.

I’m ready. I’m not ready.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment