Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Deliverance

MY CLOTHES ARE HERE!!!

Just in the nick of time. And they arrived safe and sound and none the worse for the wear. I was really worried that the box had been sitting outside all these long months, getting rained upon and rotting away in the sun. I was 75% sure that I would open box of rotting, ruined, mildewed clothes. But everything is clean and dry and ready to be packed up for Singapore and Bali.

My HHE and consumables are still stuck in customs, but at this point I really don't care. Our apartment is fully furnished, although a bit starkly decorated. We have food enough, and I'm assuming that I'll be able to restock on some personal items (styling spray, some medicines) in Singapore.

Yep, I don't care. Nick and I have checked out. In our minds, we're gone. We're in Singapore, gorging ourselves on delicious hawker food and marvelling at the sight of a real city. We're in Bali, hiking through forests and rice paddies, and riding bikes along black sand beaches.

Vacation, here we come.

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO! Congrats on getting your stuff... Have a great time in Singapore - hope you're planning on taking clothes for the hot weather. I wore tank tops every single day... and I still sweated my tushy off!

    ReplyDelete