Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awards

In a rare change of pace, Nick and I have actually had a pretty busy social calendar. His birthday, the British Ball, the 4th of July, and lots of going away dinners and parties. It's a very busy turnover season -- I think something like 85% of Mission staff are departing this summer. And everyone gets a party. Or sometimes multiple parties.

I have lots of pictures and anecdotes to share. And I'd share them all with you in this post, except Nick left the camera at his office.

But I do have a few pictures that I can share right now, because they're from someone else's camera.



Pretty spiffy, huh? That's Nick with Ambassador Eikenberry, receiving one of his 3(!) awards at last week's Embassy awards ceremony. And that's me and a few of my colleagues receiving an award from the Ambassador in recognition of our work on the Marble Conference, one of the two group awards I received.

There are days where I can't stand my work. There are days where I can't stand being here. But even I have to admit that this was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment