Friday, February 18, 2011

Obsessing

I'm obsessing over two things right now:
  1. Bidding: Nick submitted his bids this week. I'll let you all know the seven countries we bid on once we know where we're going.

  2. Mumford & Sons: Nick's been into this band for about a year now. I'd listened to a few of their songs since then, and thought they were good. I mean, at least it was real music, instead of auto-tuned, over-produced, repetative crap (I'm looking at you Justin Bieber.) And then I saw them perform on this year's Grammys.....and now I'm obsessed. They're the first band to play in the video embedded below (yes it's mirrored for copyright. They're not all left-handed). I mean, seriously, look at how much fun they're having! (especially around the 1:53 minute mark). I've watched this video about a hundred times. I've watched their Grammys red carpet interview. I've watched YouTube videos of their late night talk show performances. I've loaded their CD onto my iPod. We've set up a Mumford & Sons Pandora station.

    I've obviously started to cross over the line of appropriate fandom here.

I hope you watch the video below and become a fan. I also hope you know to stay behind the line of obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment